Chapter 1: Departure from Kuala Lumpur
Chasing the Aurora. A Journey Through Arctic Norway
Chapter 1: Departure from Kuala Lumpur
This is my first time traveling after being diagnosed with SLE. Honestly, I felt very nervous making this decision. It wasn’t a small one; it was a big step for my family and I. On my doctor’s advice, I took three vaccines, hoping the journey would go smoothly and that I would return home safely. This time, I also chose to use a wheelchair throughout the journey, all the way to Norway.
I traveled with my family and my mom’s friend, four of us in total. We had a 10-hour overnight layover in Istanbul. Alhamdulillah, Turkish Airlines was very comfortable; their service was great, and the food was delicious. When we arrived at Oslo Airport in Norway, the airport staff were already there waiting with a wheelchair. The atmosphere was very quiet and peaceful. I was tired, but deep down I felt grateful—I made it here. Norway has been one of the countries I’ve dreamed of visiting for a long time. And finally, I’m here.
Aurora, wait for me… I can’t wait to meet you.
![]() |
| Lunch |
![]() |
| As usual, Turkish Airlines provided perfumes and lotions |
![]() |
| Oslo Airport |





Comments
Post a Comment